[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint - K1TEO

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint - K1TEO
From: wa2teo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:54:53 -0400
Total was 104 qso's in 26 grids with a little under 3 hours of operating time.
Condx were probably a bit below average but somewhat hard for me to tell - I
have no 2m preamp right now and my TS 2000 is basically deaf without one.
Beacons that are normally q5 with a preamp 100% of the time were inaudible or
in the noise without a preamp last night. Differentiating between condx and
lack of a preamp?was hard to determine.
?
I don't have an easy way to?calculate my score based off of distance. I did use
Writelog which gave me a distance each time I worked someone with a 6-digit
square but I'm not sure how to record that (other than paper and pencil). I
probably?rx'd 6-digit squares from 95% of the contacts - in a few cases guys
didn't know theirs and in at least one case I just couldn't copy the full
square, though I was able to copy the 4-digit square. I'm not exactly sure how
the contest works?-my sense was 6-digit squares were preferred but not
mandatory. Anyway, it was interesting to get the full squares and see the
distance worked on most qso's. It required?a bit more careful listening as
normally I know most of the 4 digit squares of those I work but don't know all
that many 6-digit squares.
?
Tnx for the QSO's and to K9JK for sponsoring the Sprint.
?
Jeff K1TEO