Re: [VHFcontesting] EME Opportunity

To: Tim Coad <timcoad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] EME Opportunity
From: Floyd Rodgers <kc5qbc@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:34:27 -0500
You can actually watch the operation at

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kp4ao-eme

Update from K1JT who is at the operation"

/Hi all,

 Greetings from Arecibo!

 Many problems today, but also many QSOs.  Our amplifier died about an hour
 before the start of our moon window.  We therefore ran with a barefoot
 TS-2000 -- about 30 W in the lab, maybe 25 W at the feed.  Nevertheless,
 we made 86 QSOs today.  Received signals were many, and some were very
 strong.  Thanks to all who copied our peanut whistle signal.  We are busy
 now trouble-shooting the amplifier.  With some luck we will be 10-13 dB
 stronger tomorrow.

 In general the pile-up was well behaved, and split-frequency operation worked
 well.  We were on 432.045 and answering calls between 432.050 and 432.060.

 Operations tomorrow will be similar to those of today.  Perhaps some SSB QSOs
 at the start, if we have the amplifier.  Then CW for as long as people
 are calling.

 We'll switch to JT65B if the QSO rate falls to a very low rate.  We certainly
 will run JT65B for at least half of our moon window on Sunday./