Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Acom 1000 and Icom 575H

To: W6OAL@aol.com, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Acom 1000 and Icom 575H
From: Crownhaven <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:54:08 -0500
I connected the 575 to the Acom.  At about 14 watts of drive, I got "hot
switching" fault and radio started smoking.  Here is email string with
Acom.

No - I've just seen the data on the radios.  You are hot-switching the
output of the transceiver when un-keying.  But the RF waveform has
decayed, just not all the way to zero when the amp unkeys.  This
normally results in key clicks.  But depending on the actual transceiver
power when the amp unkeys, this could be hard on the transceiver.

Phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Rutledge"
<gatorman71@bellsouth.net>