Re: [VHFcontesting] Transfox VHF/UHF SDR Transceiver

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transfox VHF/UHF SDR Transceiver
From: Ray J <Ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:22:50 -0500
   I don't see much about software in development for that piece of
hardware. More than likely most users will use PowerSdr, its about the
most mature sdr program around.

  It's not standalone, u will need a computer.
There no A/D or D/A built in, you will need a decent $100+,  196 khz
soundcard in your computer,  Looks like its only going to support 1 rx
at a time, and half duplex.

   Seems very similar to the uhfsdr kit development with different LO
hardware that goes a bit  higher in frequency.. and  microprocessor
display/controls other than just the computer screen/mouse.

w9Ray