[VHFcontesting] N7ROJ/R in June VHF QSO party

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N7ROJ/R in June VHF QSO party
From: John Byerly <mtnlion@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:39:30 -0700
N7ROJ is going to go rover in the June contest for the first time
since 2003! WM7D and I will be making the trek! We will be on the
following bands and modes:

6M @ 100W KB6KQ Loop and/or 2 element quad if I finish in time.
2M @ 150W KB6KQ Loop when moving and 4 element yagi when stationary.
1.25M SSB @ 120W KB6KQ Loopstack when moving and 5 element yagi when stationary.
70CM @120W phased yagis
23CM @5W K1FO loop yagi

We will have APRS up and running as N7ROJ-9 if you need/want to know
where we are.

The basic route is to start in CM99 on top of Donner summit on I-80,
follow that through CM98 to I-5 in Sacramento and take I-5 north
through CM88, CM89, CN80, CN81 to Weed, California where we will head
northeast on I-97 through CN91, CN92 and maybe CN90 if time allows the
side trip.

We will then crash like the dead in Klamath Falls, Oregon for the
night. The next day we plan to take 140 out of Klamath Falls through
CN92, DN02, and DN01, to Denio Junction, Nevada where we will head
north on 292 to DN12 to I-95 where we will head south through DN12,
DN11, and DN10 to Winnemucca, Nevada. Then we will head west on I-80
though DN10, DN00, and DM09 to Reno. If time and sleep allow, I will
head south to DM08 up on Kingsbury Grade by Lake Tahoe to work from
that grid square as well, but time will tell.

We are really excited to make a good showing in the contest and work
anyone we can. All you central and southern California stations make
sure you keep an ear out and point those beams north by northeast!
There are a bunch of us in northern Nevada grid squares who will be
out there!

If anyone has any questions, comments, heckles, suggestions, skeds,
etc. Feel free to e-mail or catch me on the air! 73 and hope to work
you all in the contest!!

--
John Byerly
mailto:mtnlion@gmail.com