Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Beacon Subbands and CW

To: "'James French'" <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Beacon Subbands and CW
From: "Eugene Zimmerman" <ezimmerm@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:32:05 -0400
Jim - there were tons of DX stations operating in our beacon band from
50.060 to 50.080 because the 20 KHz higher was so crowded. For stations in
the south and Midwest the east coast beacons must have been a solid wall.
For us on the east coast TA2ZAF in Turkey was audible underneath the W3CCX
beacon on 50.080 so no Q there!

There is no solution to this except for telling the Europeans and other DX
that if they cannot find a place from .080 to 50.1 that they should go BELOW
50.060 to avoid our beacons. And educating us that we should look for cw DX
BELOW 50.060. There are DX beacons down there but at nowhere near the
density of US beacons.

We should be happy that propagation conditions are so good that the beacons
become a problem. :-)

73  Gene  W3ZZ
World Above 50 MHz
FM19jd  MD