[VHFcontesting] Mt. Wachusett and Pack Monadnock.

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Mt. Wachusett and Pack Monadnock.
From: "Walter A. Carrington" <wc@mathmicro.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:45:24 -0400
Perhaps rovers from out of the area are not aware that the Mt. Wachusett
(Mass.) road is closed till summer 2011.
"The mountain access road is closed to motorists, bicyclists, and
pedestrians during the Wachusett Mountain Parkway Road System
Rehabilitation.  The project began in spring of 2010 and is expected to
be completed in the summer of 2011.  The project will repair the
deteriorated roadway infrastructure and bring the roadway into
compliance with current safety and functional standards.  If you have
any questions please feel free to call the park headquarters. *978 464-2987"
You can still hike to the top,  but that would be difficult carrying
much equipment.

A rover in my local ARC found the Pack Monadnock road closed during the
June contest,  but I think that is a temporary situation.  It would be
worth calling the park to check before roving there:  Miller State Park,
*603-924-3672 .
*
Walter, K1CMF.
*