Re: [VHFcontesting] KMA 140-460

To: "Bill Bailey, KG4NZR" <kg4nzr@cfl.rr.com>, "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KMA 140-460
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 16:16:42 -0500
On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Bill Bailey, KG4NZR <kg4nzr@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> It is designed for use on 2 meters, 1.25 meters, and 70 centimeters. 24
> elements on a 12 foot boom with a supposed 10dBi gain.

Mike wrote

I've read KE3HT's report using it for his rover and its seems like a
good fit for my situation.  The 12' boom is not so long that it should
attract the attention of the HOA and since my 736 has 50/144/222/432
that allows me to get on the air with three bands and I'm going to put
my 6M KB6KQ loop up on the tower as well.  Again, not good signals,
but it is a better signal than what I have right now.

--
Mike Urich
http://ka5cvh.com

The last time all it took was 18 minutes on 21 Apr 1836

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!
http://fairmontpark.org