[VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-950 Comments?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT-950 Comments?
From: Mark Adams <msadams60@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 20:51:39 -0400
Hi Gang,

I'm considering a new rig for the shack. I am darn tired of ripping my shack
apart for every rover run and FD. Right now I use a K2 for HF and an FT-100D
for 6 and 2M. The K2 is slated for FD and trips while the 100D is going into
my SUV. I can live with the 950's performance on HF I think, but how is it
on 6M?

6M is my favorite band and I really want to have a good station. The K3 is a
tad too pricey. If you have a 950, are you satisfied with its operation?

Not that it matters, but I just received my #1 USA Hilltopper certificate
for the 09 CQWW VHF!!!

Thanks,
Mark K2QO/usually rover
FN03ra