[VHFcontesting] LoTW and Various Modes

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] LoTW and Various Modes
From: "Steve Norris" <w5ki@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:25:35 -0500
Steve,

As you know, resubmitting QSOs with corrected data as often as need be, is
fine.  If the "newer" input generates a "match" that wasn't there before,  you
get your confirmation.  But remember that RTTY, WSJT, JT65, and other data
modes are grouped under the "DATA" umbrella for matching purposes.

However, since there are awards available for various modes, I try to upload
them accurately, if I can.  For instance, I will always upload RTTY, FSK441,
and JT65 QSOs with that exact mode (no suffixes).  If that is unnecessary, so
be it.

However, since JT6M and most other newer modes are not listed and are not
accepted by LoTW directly, I simply map them (using TQSL) to the
all-encompassing, always works, mode of:  DATA.  If you are manipulating logs
for a new corrected input,  you could make the changes in your input file, but
using TQSL mapping is probably the least time-consuming.

Steve, W5KI
  Message: 1