[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in September Contest

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, RMVHF Plus <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, NLRS <NLRS@mailman.qth.net>, Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in September Contest
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:59:50 -0600
I have gotten a replacement car for the Subaru that was destroyed in a fire
after the UHF contest. It is a 2006 Honda CR-V and has lots of room for a
station. I have managed to get most of the things needed to rove up and going
again, so I should be in the September contest this coming weekend.

I am in Hastings NE at my father-in-law's and will go to Brookings SD today to
see my dad, WA0OML. The trip so far was marred by a flat tire which damaged the
tire's sidewall, so I hope that is the limit to problems on this trip. But I do
need to get a new tire.

I will start the Contest in EN14, then go north to hit EN15, EN16, then east to
hit EN26, then south again to EN25, and EN24. Then back to EN14. On Sunday, I
will return to Hastings NE, starting in EN14, going to EN13, EN12, EN11, EN10
and EN00. If there is enough time, I may hit EM09

Virginia will not be with me on the rove, at least on saturday, and I am not
sure I can get someone else to drive, so I may do all this on my own. It is the
shakedown tour for the new rover, so I expect a few problems. Look for me.

This is new territory for me to rove in and if anyone at NLRS has some tips, or
knows of good spots to stop along my route, let me know. Thanks - Duffey

--
James Duffey KK6MC
DM65tc