Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL robot...HUH?

To: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>, "'PNWVHFS'" <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL robot...HUH?
From: "Marty Woll" <n6vi@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:00:07 -0700
I'd say you have the spacing in your log file incorrect.  Each data field has
specific columns to which it is assigned.  If you had too few spaces after
"QSO:" and before the band, your mode info ("PH") is in the band columns rather
than in the mode column.  The robot sees it and doesn't recognize "PH" as a
band designator.  The Mode columns are # 12 and 13; columns 11 and 14 are
blank; the date starts in column 15.  Here's a sample of a properly formatted
VHF Contest Cabrillo entry:

QSO:   432 PH 2010-09-11 2107 N6VI/R            DM13   N6KN              DM03

Put your cursor to the left of the line and count the right-arrow clicks to
finds the proper position of any data field.  Then make all your other QSOs
line up exactly the same under the first one.

If you want to send me some sample lines from your file, I'll check it out for
you.

73,

Marty N6VI

SoCal Contest CLub