[VHFcontesting] 50 / 144 MHz > IOTA SA-024 + AVHFC

To: vhf-dx-carib@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 50 / 144 MHz > IOTA SA-024 + AVHFC
From: PY2ZX <py2zx.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:55:03 -0200
  Hello,

During the latest days we had very good openings on 50 MHz between
Brazil and Argentina to The Caribbean, Canary Islands and Portugal.

Even on 144 MHz the TEP was loud and more stations to our north were
able to enjoy the +4.000 km DX!

On next weekend we have the Araucaria VHF Contest (very similar to CQWW
VHF) and it will be a good chance for try South America.

Japy DX Group will be portable active for this contest at IOTA SA-024,
Comprida Island, GG64, 50 MHz and 144 MHz 100 Watts all mode with
horizontal polarization.

The team for that trip is formed at the moment by PY2ZX, PY2OC, PY2HN
and one of these calls will be used as group station.

For more informations about the contest: http://www.avhfc.com

Flavio PY2ZX