Re: [VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon?

To: PY2ZX <py2zx.ham@gmail.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon?
From: Jacob Lauser <23tauri@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:41:13 -0400
Flavio,

That doesn't sound like 6HE to me.

It sounds like T3JT or TSMJT.

I listened to it several times, and I just don't hear 6HE out of that.
Maybe the audio isn't as good on Youtube?

Plus, the signal sounds very weak and watery.

However, knowing that you were on 144 Mhz, I would say that it was
physically impossible to hear Kiribati from your location at that
frequency without a miracle of bizarre propagation.

So, perhaps it was something else. What kind of antenna were you
using? You said you were pointing at the ocean, is it possible you had
some weird propagation? East Kiribati would be the longest ever 144
Mhz signal or something.

- Jake, K3UAZ