Re: [VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon?

To: Lu <n2sln@frontiernet.net>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon?
From: Jacob Lauser <23tauri@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 09:00:44 -0400
Did you listen to the audio Flavio posted?

I don't think it sounded like an automatic beacon at all. To me, it
sounded like a person sending, because it wasn't clean and well-spaced
like an electronic board would send as part of a beacon.

Well, at least, like it had been recorded from a person at some point.
It was also pretty regular intervals. I've heard CQ contest robocalls
like that.

It is an interesting dilemma though. But I still don't see how those
sort of driftnet beacons would be on 144.7 Mhz.

- Jake, K3uaz