[VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon? (2)

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] "6HE" beacon? (2)
From: PY2ZX <py2zx.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:24:38 -0200
Hello team,

Thanks for share the impressions about "6HE" or similar ID.  We still
don´t have a final explanation.

We used a 144 MHz 12 elements Yagi, K1FO model and rigid dipole for
utility VHF listening. Here some photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/japydxgroup/sets/72157625128339511/

We had wide and clear view to the ocean. The antenna was pointed to the
sea. 600 km far the path found Rio de Janeiro, and then goes away to the
mid Atlantic.

HTI have indicated good Tropo Ducting for that period. The opening
remains for about 1 hour. The spectrum was silent with no other signal
was able to possible identify a wider propagation.

I searched for a commercial VHF radio buoy on the internet but I did not
found a clear sell. Only a norwegian factory build it on 141 - 143 MHz
range or costumized VHF frequency but for data telemetering:

http://www.aadi.no/Aanderaa/Document%20Library/1/Data%20Sheets/VHF%20Radio%20Transmitter,%20Receiver%20and%20Repeater.pdf

On Europe we had some beacons on that frequency, but no one has near ID:

OK1DXF - JN79VV
F5XAL - JN12LL
EA5VHF - IM98WV

144,470 MHz was also additional uplink frequency for MIREX in the 1990´s!

Flavio PY2ZX