Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Optical transverters [was: Time to Change VUCC

To: "Ev Tupis" <w2ev@yahoo.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Optical transverters [was: Time to Change VUCC Rules?]
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:26:57 -0600
Ev,

It’s outside my area of expertise, though I do have a keen interest in it. I
just think that an “optical transverter” makes a lot of sense considering how
many of us rovers are out there using transverters already.

In any event, the VUCC rule needs to be changed to agree with the contest
rules, and allow those who are using LED’s vs. lasers to seek the award credit
at the same time.

I’ll look into the “SLR” model to learn more about that. Thanks for sharing.

73,

Les N1LF

Les Rayburn, Director
High Noon Film