Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest Rules Change

To: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest Rules Change
From: David All <n3xudfm19@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:18:43 -0500
I dont get CQ Magazine, can you detail what "passive assistance" is.  Thanks
for making those of us in the contesting world who dont subscribe to this
Fantastic Magazine aware of what appears to be some good rule changes.

I have been racking my brain for a reason to invest 600+ dollars per band to
upgrade out of the lower 4 category.  But at 600 and no longer even
being competitive in that new category, I ask what is the incentive to me or
any one else out there to make the investment.  Are there suggestions for
rule change proposals that would make it worth the investment to jump out of
the 4 band category.

There are so many bands in the VHF/UHF/Microwave spectrum that breaking the
list of bands into blocks like they did with the lower 4 as a class.
 Granted if 2 additional classes are made from the UHF/Microwave spectrum if
you want to be competitive it will mean you will eventually need to purchase
equipment for all the bands in that class.

So you number crunchers out there, how competitive are the people who
competed with 3 bands against the ones who had all 4 in the lower 4 class.

Dave N3XUD/R FM19rw