[VHFcontesting] Henry Tempo 6&2 KW Amplifier FS

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Henry Tempo 6&2 KW Amplifier FS
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:43:04 +0000
Hi guys,

I am selling this amp for Stan, K3IPM.

It's a Henry Radio Tempo 6&2 S.N. 27--366. Ted Henry says there were only 400
or so made, so this is one of the last ones. It uses a pair of 8874 grounded
grid triodes in a rather innovative circuit. The tubes are in pushpull on 2M
and parallel on 6M. There are separate inputs and outputs and tuning controls
for each band and once tuned up it operates on whichever band you drive it on..
no retuning. Output is 1KW+ on each band. This is a "desktop" unit with the RF
deck and power supply all in the same enclosure.

Stan purchased this amp used from the estate of W3HFY 20 years ago or so when
it was nearly new. It has literally ONLY been used one time a year at his
contest station near Philadelphia for January contests since then. There are
probably no more than 300 hours of total use on the amp and it was most
recently used in this year's January VHF sweepstakes where it performed
flawlessly as it always does.

Instruction/service manual is included, as are DPDT Dow Key antenna relays for
each band to bypass the amp on receive. I can supply pictures if necessary.

The rig weighs 80#. We'd prefer the buyer to pick up in the Philly area, but
the unit CAN be shipped at the buyer's expense.

This is a pretty neat unit for a single operator contest station.. Close to the
legal limit on both bands, all in one desktop box.

Price is $1950

email me with any questions and i'll answer as best i can..

bill, K1DY in (still snow-covered) maine