[VHFcontesting] MAD uWave sprint results K1DS

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, microwave reflector <microwave@lists.valinet.com>, packrats reflector <packrats@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MAD uWave sprint results K1DS
From: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 15:07:49 -0400
UGLY! Conditions were very poor. I awoke at 6:15A and had the rover in position
at 7AM in FN20ie near my home. Wx was excellent but even the 2m sigs were up
and down.
Completed on 1.2, 2.3 & 3.4 with K3TUF and on 1.2 with K3CB for 4 QSOs and
393Km. Worked on 2 but unable to QSO on micros were: KE2N, W3HMS, N2RG, K3MD,
K1TEO, AA1I,
I probably left for home just when a lot of others started to be active, but we
were having a build session with our 2304 MMDS rigs at WA2OMY. I was able to
get my LO tuned, tripler and mixers, filters, and buffer all set TNX to Gary
and Bruce WA3YUE. Just a bit more and we'll be ready to get it on the air also.