[VHFcontesting] KB7ME CN71 Grid Trip

To: "PNWVHF" <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>, "WSJT Group" <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>, "FFMA Group" <FFMA@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KB7ME CN71 Grid Trip
From: "Mike Coogan" <mikegc@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:48:44 -0700
Hello to all,

I will be activating Grid CN71 for this years June VHF contest, 50 and 144
bands only. This will be the third year in a row for me in CN71. Will operate
again from CN71xw. Lets hope for 6m E's. Last two years have been poor in CN71.
The good news is I plan to be QRV from Sat June 11 thru the morning of Friday
June 17 assuming we don't get chased out by rain or run out of gas for the
generator's.

Will do 50 Mhz SSB/CW and WSJT MS with a Icom Pro3, kw amp and 6m5x yagi. On
144 Mhz, same modes, with my old Yaesu Ft-736r, 400 watt amp and a newly built
14 ele LFA design yagi.  Internet/cell phone coverage is flaky at best. The
better of two sites has fair cell coverage,(If I have cell service will have
internet)(For outside contest use), however my preferred location was not
accessable last year.

Will run WSJT MS each morning/evening using the calling freq/50.260 and
listening up typically 5 or 10, always first sequence. I will be sending my
grid for TX2 at all times. Outside the contest you send sh R26. If we are
blessed with E's will announce myself SSB, on
50.125 and listen for callers on 50.180 typically. On CW you will find me
around 50.095 +- qrm. On 144 Mhz WSJT MS I will CQ on the calling freq/144.140.
possibly listening up or down. SSB/CW 144.200 +- qrm.

I will have gear for 222/432/1296 with me but not qrv. If you want to try these
bands, I am open to a schedule outside the contest.

Note: I will always sign KB7ME, not /p or /6.

I will upload all q's to LoTW and qsl 100% for cards received.

Hope to work you from this rare one.

Mike KB7ME
Vancouver, Wa
Cell 360-798-1736 (depending on coverage)