[VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the June VHF contest

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the June VHF contest
From: Marshall Williams <k5qe@sabinenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 03:51:47 +0100
Hello to all our friends in the VHF contesting world from the K5QE
contest team....

K5QE will be operating in the ARRL June VHF Contest and would really
appreciate any contacts that we can make during the contest.  We will
begin normal operation at the beginning of the contest--1PM CST on
Saturday, June 12th.  We will be operating on all bands from 6M thru
3456MHz.  The contest ends at 10PM CST Sunday night.

We want / need to make contacts with as many stations as possible that
are "fairly close" to us using SSB / CW.  Fairly close stations may be
up to 350+miles away.  We should be able to work you, especially on the
lower bands, and need to hear from you.  Please call in on 2M on
144.200MHz or on 432.100MHz and we will work you there and on all the
other bands that we can.  We really appreciate your helping us out with
contacts where ever possible.  Thanks in advance.

LATE NIGHT OPERATIONS:
On 6M, we will be operating and running WSJT FSK441 digital meteor
scatter at 50.265MHz.  IF 6M is NOT OPEN to Es, we will be operating
meteor scatter on 6M using FSK441 beginning at 0100Z Sunday
morning(=8:00PM CDST Saturday night) on a frequency of 50.265MHz.  We
will follow normal sequencing--i.e. when we are westernmost, we  we will
take First sequence-when we are easternmost, we will take Second
Sequence.  We will call CQ K5QE 265--but we will work all callers on
50.265MHz.  If we happen to find a station calling CQ, we will answer
them on their given frequency.  This is a good opportunity for smaller
stations to get a DX contact on 6M, because the chances of an Es opening
late at night are not very good.  Please give us a try on 6M meteor
scatter.  We run 1KW output on 6M meteor scatter with fairly large
antennas.  Please remember that the contest requires the exchange of
GRIDS not 26 or 27.

On 2M, we will start at 0800Z Sunday morning(=3AM CDST Sun morning) with
FSK441 meteor scatter on a frequency of 144.142MHz.  As on 6M, we will
take the "normal" sequence(westernmost station goes First).  We will
call CQ K5QE 142 on 144.140MHz, but we will be working stations on
144.142MHz.  If we find someone calling CQ elsewhere, we will work that
station on their frequency.  Again, this is a good chance for smaller
stations to get some good 2M DX and a "rare" grid during the contest.
We get one too...a WIN-WIN situation!!  We run a stacked pair of 17el
M2's at 160ft and 1KW output on 2M FSK.  On 6M and 2M, we will cease
digital meteor scatter operations at 7AM CDST(=1200Z) on Sunday morning
and revert to normal tropo type operations.

During Late Night Operations, tropo stations can call in on 432.100MHz
or 222.100MHz.  We should be able to pick you up there.  We will still
work you on the other bands, by stopping digital operations for just a
short time.  We very much want to get you in the log, even if it is late
at night.

EARLY MORNING OPERATIONS:
Especially on 2M and 432, if you are an intermediate range station,
please look for us carefully in the early AM hours of Sunday morning,
say from 7AM to 10AM, when we have the best chance of a tropo opening.
It is amazing how far you can work during those "magic hours" if you
just get a bit of enhancement.

Because we are a Multi-Multi station, we will be watching the PingJockey
logger whenever we are running meteor scatter.  However, we are not
allowed to "self spot"--so you can talk to us, we just can't talk back.
When we are on 2M EME, we will be watching the N0UK EME-1 logger.  If
you see us or work us, please spot us on PingJockey or the N0UK EME-1
reflector.  If you are not in the contest, you can post freely to the
loggers.

Thank you in advance for spending some time to work us in the contest.

73's Marshall K5QE
EM31cj

East Texas