Re: [VHFcontesting] 1296, 2304 and 3456 FS CHEAP SOLD

To: microwave@lists.valinet.com, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 1296, 2304 and 3456 FS CHEAP SOLD
From: Fred <n1dpm@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:16:43 -0500 (CDT)
Thanks for all the responses.

Everything is spoken for.

73

Fred

Jun 12, 2011 07:33:28 PM, n1dpm@verizon.net wrote:

I'm cleaning out some excess gear and wanted to list a few things for sale.

1296 - I have a DEM 2303 PA, 3 watt 1296 PA module. This is built with the
Mitsubishi M67715. There is no cover on the unit. It appears to have gain but
the output power is low at only about 1.5 watts. $15

2304 - I have a transverter that started out life as an old (15 + years) SSB
electronics 2304-144. The mixer and RX section have been replaced and it
contains a LNA also although the NF is only about 3.5dB and RX gain around
20dB. It is set up complete with a IF t/r relay and attenuator set for 10 watts
input and an output circulator for TR switching. I believe it puts out ~100mW.
I'm asking $50 for this. It does work but it's obviously not the state of the
art.

I also have a Down East Microwave (the original from Troy ME) 2304 LNA. This
measures at 14.6dB gain and a 0.8dB NF. It is in a diecast box with SMA
connectors as it came from DEM. Also not state of the art but a good LNA none
the less. $40

I also have a California Amplifier 30872 LNA that on 2304 measures 25dB gain
and a 1.03 NF. Type N connectors In and Out and type F for the DC. $25

3456 - I have an original DEM 3456-144 transverter all packaged up. The LO is
in a milled case and the transverter board is mounted to the top of the case.
This also has IF t/r relay and a SMA TR relay on the output. the IF tx level
required is 10 watts. This unit measures 18dB gain and a 4.4dB NF on RX and
20mW output on TX. Again not state of the art but it works. I will also throw
in a couple of amplifiers for 3456 that looks like it will take the +13dBm
output and get you to +23dBM and the other one is a 4 watt Avantek IMFET
amplifier built by W1RIL (IM3742-6). I did not test the amplifiers but the
transverter is working FB. I'm asking $50 for the 3456 setup.

Please email me directly if interested. All prices do not include shipping from
01030. USPS parcel post or flat rate boxes will easily work for this stuff.

73

Fred
N1DPM
------