[VHFcontesting] 2011 CQWW VHF Contest Results - N9LB

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2011 CQWW VHF Contest Results - N9LB
From: "Lloyd Berg" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:51:09 -0500
2011 CQWW VHF Contest Results - N9LB

 50 Mhz  113 Q's  61 grids
144 Mhz   35 Q's  20 grids

Claimed Score: 14,823

Most interesting segments were:
- Tropo opening Saturday evening around sundown, worked several Nebraska
stations on both 6M and 2M.  Also worked more Iowa stations than in any
previous contest.
- 6M opening to coast most of Sunday
- Short-lived California opening mid-afternoon on Sunday

Only foreign DX was TI5KD, EK80, 2296 miles ( heard C02OJ and C6ANX, but
they couldn't hear me.)

Best Canada DX was VE1SKY, FN74, 1203 miles

Best US DX was AB6QM, CM88, 1763 miles

Worked Rovers east, west and north: N2SLN/R FN22, AB1GF/R FN33, N6ORB/R
CM87, and W9FZ/R EN45 & EN55 - Thanks for being out there!

I'm only running 100 watts and it is obvious that I need bigger antennas
and/or more power.  I could hear a lot of stations that couldn't hear me.

73

Lloyd  N9LB  EN52 ( South-Central Wisconsin )