[VHFcontesting] 2011 ARRL UHF Contest report

To: <OntVHFAssoc_reflector@yahoogroups.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2011 ARRL UHF Contest report
From: Bill Burgess <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 15:00:21 -0400
This year's contest proved very challenging, from poor prop to fewer
participants.  A few reported that I was the only station they were hearing,
and LOUD, rather unfortunate.  The weather was favourable for me, while stormy
in FN12 and surrounding grids Saturday, as the predicted rain held off here.

Bands worked:  222.200 FM horiz (15), 432 (29) and 1296 cq/ssb (7)

Grids worked from:  FN14 2 locations, FN13 2 locations, FN04 2 locations, FN03
3 locations.

Results as taken from my log shows the following worked, with qso's:

Canadian:  VA3ST 11, VE3HHT 4, VE3EVN 2, VE3ROR 2, VE3EU 1

American:  K1TEO 10, K2LIM 7, W2UAD 4, AB2YI/R 3, K3TUF 2, K1RZ 2, W3OAB 1,
                 WT2W 1, WA2FGK 1

Final score:   8,700

N9LB reports having 7 rovers and 1 portable station feeding him throughout the
contest.
Here, only AB2YI/R was available, with K2QO/R in west OH and IN, and VE3SMA/R
ill.
VE3ZV has his UHF tower on the ground, so some key stations were absent.
VE3HHT was qrp
in EN92.

Thanks to all who hung in there, your efforts are much appreciated by all.
Thanks also to the ARRL as sponsor of this contest.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R