[VHFcontesting] Fourlanders W4NH Sept. Contest - Different Location

To: SVHFS reflector <svhfslist@svhfs.org>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "'vhf reflector'" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "'Weak Signal eMail Remailer'" <wsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fourlanders W4NH Sept. Contest - Different Location
From: "Rogers, Ron" <RR124640@ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:35:01 -0400
Hello VHF-UHF Contesters !!

The Fourlanders W4NH group will again be participating in the Sept ARRL VHF
contest, but from a DIFFERENT location. For this upcoming contest we will be
operating from the same North Georgia location as we have for the past few Jan.
contests, in EM84ao.

We plan to operate all bands from 50 MHz through 2304 MHz for this contest.
Sizable antennas (stacked beams) and high TX power (1 KW +) on 50 through 432
MHz.  We will also have significant antenna arrays and power on 903 through
2304.

The exact coordinates of the location are 34.5983 N and -83.5950 W (EM84ao82pv)
so make sure you point your antennas our direction and listen for us.

The 144 MHz station will most generally be calling CQ on or about 144.210 (SSB)
and 144.090 (CW).
Our 222 MHz and 432 MHz stations will be running on or close to 222.115 Mhz and
432.115 Mhz most of the contest.

We would like to hear from anyone that would like to attempt making CW and
Digital mode schedules with us.

We will again have FSK441 (JT-65) ability on 50 MHz.

Fresh from our EME success during the CQ WW VHF contest, we will be operating
full AZ-EL 2M WSJT EME for this contest.

Depending upon the level of 2M terrestrial activity we might be involved with
Sat. evening, we plan to begin tracking the moon upon it's rise at 23:00Z.  We
will be calling CQ using JT65B, EME at 144.119, Second Sequence.

We will also be attempting 432MHz WSJT EME this time, but will be limited to
fixed array, moon rise 1 hour window times on Sat and Sun.   Barring any
equipment birdie problems in the band segment, we will try to use 432.062 MHz,
Second sequence.

We will also be watching for CW signals in the "waterfalls" on 144 and 432 and
will quickly switch to CW mode to attempt contacts.

If you would like to set up terrestrial 50, 144, 222, and 432 schedules, or
attempt 144 & 432 EME schedules with us, NN4W will be the coordinator for this
contest. Please contact him directly at scott.nn4w@gmail.com or nn4w@arrl.net

73.... and GL

Ron
WW8RR