Re: [VHFcontesting] New VHF Super Partial Check Database Release forSept

To: KA2LIM Ken Kent <ka2lim@stny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New VHF Super Partial Check Database Release forSept VHF Contest
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 16:51:48 -0500
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 17:39, KA2LIM Ken Kent <ka2lim@stny.rr.com> wrote:

> Good Idea..... no; Excellent Idea. Do Not rely on the program to do the
> fill. Listen to the exchange.

This was hammered home to me in one of the contests where the exchange
is the first name, NAQP maybe?  Anyway, conditions were marginal and I
kept repeating my name "PETER PETER PAPA ECHO TANGO ECHO ROMEO".

The other guy kept repeating "IS IT CLIFF CLIFF?"

Look up N5UW on your favorite callsign server and you'll see why I
think these files are worse than useless.