[VHFcontesting] 6M spring sprint- N8RA

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6M spring sprint- N8RA
From: "Chet S" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 09:38:41 -0400
59 QSOs for 10,124 points.

Having been unable to do any of the earlier spring sprints, I was really
looking forward to this one. Of course it was only a few hours before the
start that I discovered that one of the antennas would not rotate. I could
not find or fix the problem in time, so I climbed the tower and set that
antenna pointing SW.

There were no E's but enough "local" activity to make it fun running the
equipment through its paces. Activity started to wane after the first 2
hours. The distance scoring makes it interesting to see the point value of
contacts as they are made.  I used the N1MM contest logger which displays
the distance in miles and km below the call entry box as the six digit grid
is typed.

TU and 73
Chet, N8RA in CT, FN31lu