Re: [VHFcontesting] QUAGI'S

To: Cal Zethmayr <w4gmh@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] QUAGI'S
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 23:01:27 -0400
I've built many a quagi .. but usually out of plywood sheet and #10
house wire ;)
That was my favorite antenna for FD uplink to the old RS birds, and
one would last 2-3 years and folds up nicely

so you are going to put directors in both vertical and horizontal
planes and switch the feedpoint from top/bottom to side?
also, the original quagi design article calls for an insulated
(wooden, actually) boom, you'd have to diddle with the design a bit to
get an optimum solution for e.g. an aluminum boom ..

de w1rt/john