[VHFcontesting] Gene Zimmerman, W3ZZ

To: "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Gene Zimmerman, W3ZZ
From: "Dave Zeph" <zephd@indy.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 16:46:03 -0400
I'm saddened to hear of the passing of Gene Zimmerman, W3ZZ.  Gene was
devoted to Contesting.  He spent many years on the CQ Contest Committee and
a long stint writing the "The World Above 50 MHz" Column for QST.

On a personal note - years ago as a young buck starting to make business
trips to DC, Gene took me under his wing and took me to a number of the
area's Contesters - W3AU, W4BVV and others.  I never forgot this kindness.

I'll also miss long the conversations with Gene.  To say that Gene was an
ardent conversationalist would still be an understatement.  When asked for
help or an opinion, Gene never held back.

In this age of bland personalities, the loss of such a unique person as Gene
is truly a tragedy.  Rest easy now, Gene.

73 --> Dave, W9ZRX