Re: [VHFcontesting] K5N Operations from DL88 and N5K Operations from the

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K5N Operations from DL88 and N5K Operations from the DL79/89 line...
From: Jim Reese <jim@hosemore.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:52:04 -0500
I left the N5K location around 4:00PM on Thursday.  I helped set up, but had
another appointment in Marfa and couldn't stay for the whole operation.

Both operations are up and running.  I talked to K5N on CW from N5K before I
left.

N5K is running big power and big antenna.  However, internet access is very
spotty at N5K, with only GPRS data available.  The only spotting likely from
them will be to the AB5K Telnet cluster.  We were barely able to maintain
connection to that.  Web access is virtually impossible due to the limited
bandwidth.

If you hear them, please spot them.

Good luck to everyone working both stations!

I posted some photos of the N5K setup here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4153866884162.2176511.1208625634&type=1

-----
Jim Reese WD5IYT
jim@hosemore.net