Re: [VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?

To: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] AM-6154 amp - thoughts?
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 05:56:10 -0600
    I have used modified AM-6155 amps on 222 MHz at a couple of different
stations, and they are great and can definitely put out 400W on VHF.  Two
things I'd note:

a) the fan noise is quite loud. Headphones are a must.

b) depending on how they implemented the T/R coax relay (I would get details on
both of these points before you make the purchase):
     i) you may need to be able to accommodate a few extra inches of depth
wherever you install the amp in your station (it's designed for a 19" rack
mount)
    ii) you may need an external DC power supply (either 14V or 28V) to power
the coax relay.

73 de WM5R