[VHFcontesting] FN31 Beacon Test Complete

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FN31 Beacon Test Complete
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:50:25 -0500
I have concluded my comparison testing of 2 beacons in FN31. One located  in
FN31NL on 432.360 at 480' hmsl and the new one in FN31LM on 432.320 at 950'
hmsl both running approximately 4w ERP. Fn31nl (360) has better coverage from
FN30 NYLI up the CT Valley to Southern MA. They become equal in FN42 Southern
NH and Boston area and are equal in NW and NE Connecticut. Fn31LM (320) is
better SW towards NY/NJ in FM29mt southern NJ just south of Philly PA. Furthest
southern reporting station was WB2RVX 158mi hearing both with FN31LM better
while in the  north W1ZC (105mi) in Southern NH hearing both equal with
opposite fading and a similar report from W1OUN in Fn42hk near Boston at 101
mi.  No reports due West from NY or due East towards Cape Cod. First responder
award goes to NY2NY in FN30 and distance award goes to WB2RVX in FM29...TNX  I
also want to thank the one dozen stations who took time to send me the valuable
assessment reports and wish ALL a Happy Thanksgiving at which t
 ime FN31Nl (360) will become QRT and FN31LM will remain on the air freq
stabilized via an OCXO to +/-  10hz. Any and all future reports are appreciated.
73's Steve K1IIG