Re: [VHFcontesting] Duplexer Isolation

To: John Santillo <u1004467@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Duplexer Isolation
From: Michael Clarson <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 10:56:34 -0500
John: I assume calculate how much isolation you need to make things work
correctly. The most important parameter you need to know is the noise
coming out of the transmitter on the receiver frequency. It could be as
high as -13 dBm, but is more likely to be -40 dBm or better. This is how
much the transmit side of the Duplexer rejects the receiver frequency, and
you need enough isolation to get the transmitter noise below the receiver
noise.. The next item you need is how much signal on the transmit frequency
can be present at the receiver input before it affects receiver
performance, and you'll need enough isolation to reduce transmitter signal
below that. IP3 is part of this, but its more than just that. What is your
situation?   --Mike, WV2ZOW.