Re: [VHFcontesting] FM-Only Frequencies?

To: "Joshua M. Arritt" <jarritt@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FM-Only Frequencies?
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:28:37 -0600
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Joshua M. Arritt <jarritt@vt.edu> wrote:

> Modern V/U FM rigs have enough memories and selective scan modes that allow
> one to program in a cadre of locally active (or potentially active from
> afar) frequencies and place them on continuous scan.g

Mike wrote

Totally agree ... and with some mono band radios being inexpensive
enough you could almost buy one and set it up strictly for FM
contesting.

Until a year ago my job kept me on the road almost as much as a truck
driver.  My mobile rig during most of that time was my FT-8900 which I
have programmed like this.  http://ka5cvh.com/radio/ft_8900_freq.pdf

This sheet needs to be updated for changes on the six meter portion
and I am missing a lot of tones that are now in the radio.  Since I
like FM simplex over repeaters the only repeater pairs freqs with
tones in the radio are ones around my area.

I chose 10 kHz spacing from the two meter simplex because if I were to
run across a signal that was 5 kHz off I just switch to the VFO real
quick.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com