[VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the ARRL Jan VHF contest....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF Reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the ARRL Jan VHF contest....
From: Marshall <k5qe@hughes.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:55:22 -0600
Hello to all our friends in the VHF / WSJT world from the K5QE contest team....

K5QE will be operating in the ARRL January VHF Contest and would really appreciate any contacts that we can make via FSK441 digital meteor scatter or EME for that "rare" grid. The contest begins 1900 UTC Saturday and ends 0400 UTC Monday (Jan 19th - 21st, 2013). For those of us still on local time, that is 1PM Central Time on Saturday to 10PM CST Sunday night.

For those stations that are outside our normal range, I invite you to try to work us on 6M and / or 2M using digital meteor scatter OR 2M and/or 432 EME. When the moon is up, we will be operating EME on 144.142MHz and 432.070MHz Second Sequence.

On 6M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on 50.265MHz, grids, single tones ON. We will begin 6M meteor scatter operations at 0200Z Sunday = 8:00PM Sat Night and will cease FSK operations at 7AM Local time on Sunday morning. After that time, we will resume normal tropo operations.

We have several schedules this time, but as soon as we complete a schedule, we will call CQ K5QE 265 on 50.260MHz, but we will RX on 50.265MHz and we will complete our contacts there. If we are calling CQ towards the NE, we will be on First Sequence. If we are calling towards the West or NW, we will be on Second Sequence. We still have a few 6M time slots open. If you would like a specific schedule, please write and we will try to find you a 6M slot.

Please remember that the contest requires the exchange of grids not 26 or 27. This is a good opportunity for smaller stations to get a DX contact on 6M, because the chances of an Es opening late at night are nil. Please give us a try on 6M meteor scatter. We run 1KW output on 6M meteor scatter with fairly large antennas.

On 2M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on 144.142MHz, grids, single tones ON. We have several schedules on 2M also, but there are some open time slots. Please write me if you want a specific 2M sched. When we operate 2M digital meteor scatter, we will RX on 144.142MHz. We will call CQ K5QE 142 on 144.140MHz, but we will complete our contacts on 144.142MHz. Please call us there. We will be on normal sequence(see above). Again, remember that the contest requires exchanging grids, not 26 or 27. We run a stacked pair of 17el M2's at 160ft and 1KW output on 2M FSK. On 6M and 2M, we will cease digital meteor scatter operations at 7AM CST(=1300Z) on Sunday morning and revert to normal tropo type operations.

Since we are a Multi-Multi station, we will be looking at the Ping-Jockey reflector whenever we are doing meteor scatter type operations. Due to the ARRL's rules, we can not post there. If you are not in the ARRL contest, you can post to the reflector freely. Hence, you can talk to us, but we cannot answer back. Please feel free to spot us AND our frequency on the appropriate reflector if you see us--that way, others can find us.

Thank you in advance for spending some time to work us in the contest.

73 Marshall K5QE, EM31cj
www.k5qe.com

East Texas