[VHFcontesting] VHF Reviews of the Icom IC-7000

To: "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Reviews of the Icom IC-7000
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:22:07 -0600
I'm considering the purchase of an Icom IC-7000 rig as a "second rig" in the shack. I've read all the reviews on Eham.net, which are generally favorable, but most are from an HF or mobile operators point-of-view.

I'd love to hear what VHF Men (and women) think about this little rig especially as it applies to 6-2-432 operating. Also has anyone used this rig for satellite operating? I'm considering using it with Ham Radio Deluxe and CAT (computer control) to try to work a few satellites.

Thanks in advance for the great advice I always receive from this group.

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park Maylene, AL 35114
6M VUCC #1712
Grid Pirates #222
Life Member Central States VHF

WPC4LF Popular Communications Monitor ID