Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps

To: Grid Pirates <k8gp2013@k8gp.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Grid map overlay for google maps
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:46:15 -0400
Hi Andy.

Nice work on the grid maps.

Here's another that works very well for tracking grids: http://wg7j.reinalda.net/gridmapper/gridmapper.php

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com

On 3/23/2013 12:22 AM, Grid Pirates wrote:
I just saw this post from Paul KE1LI sent last month and responded off
reflector, but just in case anyone else needs something similar

Hi Paul,
   Maybe you'd be interested in the following, zoom in and/or click in
a square to show the grid name:

http://www.k1ra.us/vhfmap/na-grids.html

adapted from analysis I'd done for K8GP at the bottom of this article:

http://www.k8gp.net/contests/june-vhf-2012

If you'd like to plot your own Cabrillo logs on a map like this visit

http://www.k1ra.us/vhf-above/google-maps-and-cabrillo-logs

and upload your own log to see how you've done.

73

andyz - K1RA