[VHFcontesting] My last AM-6155 amp for sale

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] My last AM-6155 amp for sale
From: "Dave Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:09:36 -0400
This is the last of my AM-6155 amplifiers for 144 MHz. It is all converted by
me, and ready to plug in the wall outlet for an easy 350 watts on 144 MHz SSB
or CW. I did not have a good 8930 left for this amp, so I built an aluminum
collar on the lathe, and installed it on a brand new 4CX250/7203 JAN tube. The
gain is quite high and I went full scale on my 150 watt Bird dummy load
wattmeter with only 600 mw of drive. That works out to 24 dB gain. That will
probably drop at the higher power levels a bit, and I did not check to see how
much power I could get out of this, but the 8930s and this 4CX250 with a bigger
anode cooler will run at 300- 350 watts or so with no strain. With 24 dB gain,
this is a hot brand new tube!  You will get over 300 watts with about 2 watts
of 144 MHz drive. It is not a good idea to run it over that 300 watt power
level, as the distortion products start to climb rapidly.  This amp is now set
for 115 vac. It does have a power cord  included with a 115
 vac molded plug on one end and the mating connector for the amp on the other
end.  The cord is big and heavy. It looks like #12 stranded AC wire. The keying
is accomplished by grounding a RCA phono jack on the back panel.  There are no
coax relays included with the amp. You have just an INPUT and an OUTPUT N
connector.
Selling price is $175 with the power cord. Shipping extra. I can bring the
amplifier to Nearfest in early May,  or the Northeast VHF Conference in late
April.
    I shipped a few of these amps recently and UPS shipping prices were around
$50-$60 on the East Coast and a bit over $70 to CA. Rural QTHs might be a bit
higher.

73
Dave K1WHS
207 658 9076