[VHFcontesting] 6 Meter Spring Sprint

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6 Meter Spring Sprint
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 20:18:03 +0000
I operated mobile the first hour of the Sprint from a high point. Made 3 Qs in
New England. Conditions seemedmarginal so I shut down.  Later around 0200 UTC
conditions seemed to pick up. I was helping the XYL with our grandchildren who
we were watching for the weekend, so I operated from home using an attic dipole
(oriented to favor SE/NW).Despite W1, W2, W3 and W8 being off the end of the
dipole, I made 18 contacts over the next hour S & P'ing. Special event station
WU1ITU was very loud, as was KA2LIM. Best DX was N1TQ FN42db.  - Jon N0JK EM28
KS