[VHFcontesting] EN75 -- N8UR

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EN75 -- N8UR
From: John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:08:11 -0400
I'm planning to be operating from Beaver Island, MI in EN75 during the contest. Single-op, likely to be 6M only. The good news is that if Murphy cooperates, I'll have about 6dB more power than last year -- 300+ watts to a 5 el about 35 feet up.

To those in the Pacific Northwest -- I will make a point of beaming further north this year. I am hoping to have a beacon running during the week or so following the contest, with the idea that if the band opens up I can be contacted via telephone for a QSO. More details on that once I figure them out.

I'm unlikely to have the higher bands working this year due to a problem with the 2M antenna that I won't have time to fix before the contest, and lack of a working 432 rig at the moment.

73,
John