[VHFcontesting] KX9X/1 FN45 Plans

To: "ffma@yahgroups.com" <ffma@yahgroups.com>, "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KX9X/1 FN45 Plans
From: "Sean K." <kx9x@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 16:25:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks-

Here's the latest on my grid trip to FN45 this week:

1) I leave FN31 bright and early on Thursday, June 6. My plan is to be at the
ridge-top QTH in FN45ha by 1700z and on the air by 2000z. Internet access has
not been confirmed; if I have internet access I will post status updates on the
ON4KST page.

2) There's a chance I'll be running a KW on 6 meters; still working on it. If
no KW, then 100w. Still only 100w on 2 meters from my 746 Pro.

3) For sporadic E I will use 50.188 USB or 50.088 CW. I will call on 50.125
only if  conditions are completely flat. If I have any enhancement at all, I'll
be on 50.188 or 50.088.

4) I will make an attempt to be on for WSJT beginning at 1000 UTC on Friday,
Saturday and Sunday mornings. I'll be available for WSJT in the evenings only
if there is no sporadic-E. I'll use 50.245 or 144.145, transmitting FIRST. If
you're trying to work me on WSJT and you think there's enhancement, please call
me on SSB or CW; I'll switch over and work you as fast as possible.

5) If there's an opening from FN45 to the West coast, those stations will get
priority. If I call for West Coast and you're not in the west, please QRX. TU.

5) I'll consider 2m WSJT skeds, but my primary goal is to hand out FN45 for the
6M FFMA award; 6 meters will ALWAYS take priority over 2 meters. I am also open
to SSB meteor scatter skeds for those not interested in WSJT. If I have
internet access, I'll be on PingJockey  outside of the contest.

6) I will be QRT after the contest ends at 0300 UTC Monday, June 10, unless
there is still enhancement occurring. I tear down and leave Monday morning,
June 10.

Feel free to email me with questions. I hope we get some good condx, especially
out to the West coast. Looking forward to getting you in the log.

Sean Kutzko
Amateur Radio KX9X