[VHFcontesting] 2 and 6 meter antennas

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2 and 6 meter antennas
From: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 02:48:24 -0400
I hope that I am not out of line in posting this here but I need to replace my
6 and 2 meter SSB antennas. Currently I have a C3I FO-19-144 and a C3I C7-50.

Both antennas perform very well electrically but were the only antennas out of
all that are on both towers to fail during a tropical storm. When I say fail
both gave up the ghost in the same way, a boom to boom support clamp ( not so
much of a clamp as a piece of lite weight aluminum bent to go around the booms
of each antenna ) broke and the boom support was then un supported on one end
and the support hangs down on to the antenna below it.

The C3I antennas performed very well otherwise but since they have been up
there about 10 years I figure I should replace them so as to have a long time
to enjoy the antennas.

I am kind of curious about the L.F.A. antennas if anyone has knowledge of them,
otherwise I want a 6 meter antenna of 7 or more elements and a 2 meter antenna
that should perform at least as well as what it is replacing.

Thank you for your input,

Joe N4JBK