[VHFcontesting] Contest Rules Change Request-Keep it Simple

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest Rules Change Request-Keep it Simple
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:05:15 -0500
Making "noise" on reflectors and at our association meetings does serve a useful purpose. Protest is a key part of any democratic organization. The ARRL responds to the concerns of it's membership, and if enough members make enough noise about VHF Contesting, then it will receive attention.

Jay, W9RM has the right idea. To have our concerns heard effectively, we need to keep our request simple and easy to understand. So after a lot of thought, mine boil down to this:

ASSISTANCE: I am a supporter of the CQ WW VHF rules and would like to
see them implemented in all ARRL VHF contests.

DIGITAL MODES: I am in support of rules and scoring changes that would
encourage greater utilization of digital modes. Digital modes advance
the radio art, and improve the ability of all stations to contact
stations at a greater range.

LEGISLATIVE:  I am in favor of a ARRL committee (appointed)
dedicated to VHF operations and contests WITH THE POWER to amend and
enforce rules changes independently of the ARRL CAC.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light