Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m "Fall" Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m "Fall" Sprint
From: beamar <beamar@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:30:32 -0400
Last week, everybody was complaining about lack of activity. This week I could
understand what happened to everybody, during the UHF contest. Saturday, I got
up in time to check into the West Central Florida Section ARES net, at 0830
EDT. I left for the gym around 0930. Got back from the gym, around noon. Upon
arrival at home, I was presented with an Air Conditioner problem. (In Florida,
in August, no A/C is an emergency!) Resolved the A/C problem. Cleaned up and
mowed the yard - I have an acre and a half. Took a shower. It was 1845. I made
three contacts.

Paul, KJ4G was out on St. George Island, in EL79, running 100 W into stacked
moxons @ 20'. He made a lot more QSOs than I did. Stations in EL 79 are always
popular! Maybe I should move to FM 13?

Buddy WB4OMG
EL98