[VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint and 52nd consecutive Perseids meteor shower

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint and 52nd consecutive Perseids meteor shower
From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:46:16 -0400
Almost no activity during 6M sprint.  I listened off and on for a couple of
hours and worked the only six stations I heard.

Today operated my 52nd consecutive Perseids meteor shower on 2M.  Operated
as K1UGQ , Biddeford Pool, Maine,  in 1962 using a Clegg Zeus, Clegg
Interceptor, and 11el Cushcraft.,  Jack, W8PT, wrote me from Michigan.  I
received his letter on the 18th, well after the peak of the Perseids.  He
needed Maine for state number 40!  We ran hour long CW skeds the 19th and
20th, finding each other's frequency, but no contact.  In 1963.
 The next Perseids, 1963, I worked my first meteor scatter contact, K9UWA
on the 11th, followed by W8PT  and a couple others and have operated 2M
meteor scatter every Perseids since, having made hundreds of MS contacts.
 Like others, I switched to SSB beginning late 1960's and WSJT after it was
released.
 This year I decided to go back to SSB and just now worked W8MIL and VE2DFO
on 144.210 this morning with a narrow miss with VA3ELE/M who was running
140 W to a halo.  I'll try with him again tomorrow morning.

Doug K4LY  ex-K1UGQ, W2CRS, W0AH