Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest promotion

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest promotion
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:20:51 +0000
Eric's suggestions for promoting VHF contests are good.

Another idea that has increased activity in the midwest is W9FZ's rover trips
and his web page for listing stations who plan to be on in the contest.

On another subject -- Hepburn's map suggests good tropo from South Texas to W8
Tuesday through this Friday.

 - Jon N0JK

.....getting VHF and above folks on the air is not
trivial. I worked on increasing VHF activity in the Dallas area for
about 5 years. Initially my goal was to increase activity in what was
my favorite annual VHF event, the ARRL UHF and Above contest.

This is what I did:

About a month before the contest I sent an email to both the NTMS and ...