[VHFcontesting] NL7CO ARRL January VHF Contest

To: "'Don Ross'" <N12614@aol.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] NL7CO ARRL January VHF Contest
From: "Donald M. Ross" <N12614@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:46:28 -0600
This is the tentative plan for the NL7CO ARRL January VHF Contest.

My focus this contest is to give out DM93, DM94, and DM95 on Saturday (local
time) and then try to add to my own 2m grid totals on Sunday.  I've already
talked to N1TA at the ARRL Contesting Branch and my log for this contest
will be a check log so contesters will get credit and grid hunters can call
me on my cell phone (580.595.2289) or catch me on ping jockey.

For those wondering, I am planning a trip to DM84, DM85, DM86, DM94, DM95,
and DM96 over the Memorial Day Weekend (24 - 26 May 14) with 6m, 2m (EME
capable), and 432.  More on this as it gets closer.

This will primarily be a 2m effort.  I am awaiting a parts order from M2 to
repair my 6M5X and if they make it in time, I will also carry that antenna
with me and put it on the ground next to the truck along with a drive over
mount.  Transition is simple - rotate down the 2m mast on the back, then
rotate the 6m mast up on the front - about a three minute job.  Sunday
(local time) will be a 2m only show.

Please note that I am going to set up on the DM94/DM95 grid line with an
extra-long power cord on the generator and be able to literally drive back
and forth on the side of the road to move between the grids.  I am taking
four different GPS's (two of which are WAAS-enabled aviation models) and I
think I have a surveyor friend talked into coming out "cutting in the firing
point" for me to be extra sure that I know where the crossover point between
the grids is on the ground.  For the hard core contest purists reading this,
please note that I'm sending in a check log not a competitive log for this
one, so I am not bound by Rule 1.11
(http://www.arrl.org/general-rules-for-arrl-contests-above-50-mhz)

While mobile between locations, I will be operational as follows:

50.125 SSB - 100w - single band vertical antenna

144.200 SSB - 325w - two stacked KB6KQ loops

146.55 FM - 50w - single dual band vertical antenna

223.50 FM - single band vertical antenna

432.100 - 150w - two stacked KB6KQ loops

446.00 FM - 35w - dual band vertical antenna

Stationary on site I will have WSJT, SSB, and CW capabilities, and be
operational as follows:

144 MHz - 390w - 2M9SSB.

50 MHz - 100w - antenna is dependent on parts order arrival from M2 to
repair 6M5X.

432 MHz - can pull down the 144 MHz or 50 MHz antenna (whichever is up to
run the dual loops if requested.

18 Jan (Times UTC)

1500   Depart EM04to

1800   Operational vicinity DM93ux

1900   VHF contest starts

2000   Tear down and move

2100   Operational vicinity DM94vx

2300   Roll across the boundary into DM95ax

19 Jan

0030   Tear down and move

0200   Operational vicinity EM05af

0400   Tear down and head for home