[VHFcontesting] W7QQ/R Plans

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W7QQ/R Plans
From: Bill Schwantes <bill4070@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:44:45 -0700
For the January VHF contest, I'll be operating and driving solo and hoping
for e-skip on 50 Mhz.  I have a friend that proclaims herself to be a witch
and I've asked her to make a potion that I can rub all over my 6 meter
stressed Moxon  before it gets installed at the top of the 13' rotatable
mast. I hope owl teeth aren't conductive.........

I'll be roving with good power and gain antennas on 50, 144, 222, 432, 902
and 1296 Mhz.

The plan is to begin in Flagstaff Arizona in DM45, then go west on I-40,
overnighting in Tehachapi, California Saturday night.  That route will go
into DM35, DM25, DM24, DM15, and DM05.

On Sunday I'll get an early start descending into the central California
valley to Interstate 5 and into DM05, CM96, CM97 and CM98. If you guys are
not watching  Seattle and San Francisco battle it out I will stay longer at
each stop in the valley.  I'm not sure how far north I will get before the
contest closes but the route will take me through the corner of CM88, CM89,
CN81 and CN80.

I'll be calling primarily on 144.2 on CW and USB and simultaneously monitor
50.125.

Hope to work you, Bill W7QQ/R