[VHFcontesting] K8GP Rover Jan VHF SS "The Story"

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K8GP Rover Jan VHF SS "The Story"
From: Grid Pirates <Grid.Pirates@k8gp.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:14:18 -0500
Hi All,
  A quick thanks to all who worked Terry and I over the past Jan VHF
SS contest.  I spent the last week pulling together our log, media and
some tools and wrote a length article covering our preparation and
weekend experience.  It seems I spent more time doing this than
operating, but I really enjoy the Radiosport and hope to share some of
the experience and excitement with newcomers and old timers alike.
I'm celebrating 35 yrs on V/UHF this year after making my first VHF
SSB/CW contest QSOs back in 1979 as a young WB1ALW and KA1GD.

For the all encompassing article with pictures, video, audio and
analysis go here:

http://www.k1ra.us/roving/k1ra-k8gp-rover-arrl-jan-vhf-ss-2014

For those who just want to view our pictures see our album here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/111732104190190963283/albums/5971764652805581137

For a slide show and video clips check out the 20 minute stream here:

http://youtu.be/g8w_Bo1kycE

And for those who are interested in log analysis see my visualization tool here:

http://goo.gl/PQmnji

I'd be interested in hearing any comments or feedback, especially on
the log tool and if others would like to view their logs this way too.

73 & enjoy

andyz - K1RA @ K8GP / Rover
Jan VHF SS 2014